Friday is baking day. I always bake something for the weekend, my husband loves to take something with him when he drives very early to play golf. Today is Banana bread. All that ripe bananas in my fruit bowl that we didn’t eat during the week transforms in a delicious treat for the weekend. This recipe is from Dona Hay’s book “Fast, Fresh, Simple”.
- 175g butter, softened and chopped
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC (325ºF)
- To make the bread, place the butter, sugars, cinnamon, banana, eggs, flour and baking powder in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat in medium speed for 1 min or until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 28cm X 8cm loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer.