Sorry for being away for so long. I was traveling overseas and soon I will post my adventures!
As every Friday I always bake something for the weekend, I decided making some cookies today! The recipe is from “Donna Hay”. They are yummy! Chocolate and hazelnut is a match made in heaven. A cookie and a big mug of hot chocolate is the perfect combination in this cold weather.
These cookies are easy and quick to make. I prefer them more crunchier and thin than chewy and thick . If you want them smaller just use one tablespoon of the cookie mixture.
CHOCOLATE CHIP AND HAZELNUT COOKIES
- 125g butter, chopped
- 1 ½ cups (225g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ¾ cup (135g) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (105g) chopped hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup (100g) milk chocolate chunks
P.S.: I substitute the milk chocolate chunks for dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (390°F).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the flour and sugar in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the butter, egg and vanilla and mix to combine. Stir through the hazelnuts and chocolate.
- Using your hands, moil 2 tablespoons of cookie mixture into a flat round and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, leaving room to spread. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 min or until golden.
** To check if the cookies are done, look at the bottom not the top. If you wait until the top looks right you risk overcooking them. To check, lift a cookie with a spatula so you can see underneath. The bottom should be deep golden. Cool on trays as the cookies will continue to cook after you’ve removed them from oven.