Today I am going to post my husband’s favourite muffin/cupcake recipe. I always bake something for him on the weekend and this recipe is the one that he asks for. I found this recipe in my sister-in-law’s book called ‘The Golden book of chocolate’. Since then, I have made them many times.
CHOCOLATE BANANA CUPCAKES
- 1 cup (150g) wholemeal flour
- 1 cup (150g) all-purpose (plain) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5 (375°F).
- Arrange 20 baking cups on baking sheets.
- Mix both flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until just combined after each addition.
- With mixer at low speed, beat in the bananas, followed by the mixed dry ingredients, alternating with the milk.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts by hand.
- Scoop the batter into the cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, 20-25 min.
- Cool the cupcakes on wire rack.
Makes: about 20 cupcakes
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!